During the last couple of years Belarus has became one of the prime birding destinations in Eastern Europe. But nobody has ever done a Butterfly tour in this country, which is the Eastern neighbour of Poland. The variety of butterflies, birds and other wildlife that includes several highlight species very rarely seen in other parts of Europe is only one aspect. Imagine roads taking you through ancient forests, hundreds of meandering rivers, the biggest marshes and fens of the continent, while you hardly meet any traffic or even people. Truly an unbeatable paradise remaining intact and wild, no wonder Belarus conserves huge population of Bison, Lynx and Wolf. We have searched good quality hotels situated close to the best butterfly habitats. Tasting local cuisine, witnessing true rural life in small ancient villages is part of our trip. This country is perfectly safe, yet, you can experience the taste of an era that is already left behind in other parts of Eastern Europe. Our tour visits three key places: Belowezhkaya Pushcha NP adjoining its smaller counterpart the World famous Bielowieza NP in Poland, then Pripyatsky NP which is a paradise for variable habitats, including riparian forests, marshy woodlands and open areas and finally Berezinsky Reserve which offers bogs, lakeside marshes and pine forests, all with a unique variety of sought-after Eastern species of butterflies such as Bog Fritillary, Scarce Fritillary, Yellow-legged & Large Tortoiseshell, False Ringlet, Danube Clouded Yellow, Scarce Heath, Cranberry Fritillary, Cranberry Blue, Pallas's Fritillary, Woodland Brown, Poplar Admiral, Violet Copper, Freija Fritillary, Thor's Fritillary, Frigga Fritillary
Ask for the actual price.
Our price includes:
- all travel as noted in the itinerary;
- all accommodation based on shared rooms (most rooms are twin bedded), at most locations there are single rooms as well for extra charge (Please ask for a single room at the time of booking!);
- 3 meals per day, generally breakfast at the accommodation, packed lunch, dinner (consists of at least two courses);
- services of the leader(s);
- trip materials.
- flights to and from the country;
- optional programmes to places of interest and entrance fees involved;
- airport and other departure taxes, tips;
- food beyond generally 3 meals/day mentioned in the itineraries;
- excess baggage charges;
- telephone calls;
- alcoholic beverages;
- compulsory personal insurance.
If you have questions about the inclusion of any cost item, please contact us.
- Generally easy to moderate walks
- Lots of onsite wildlife observing possibilities
- Weather generally favourable